Live Presentation and Zoom Questions
- What applications do I need to attend events?
You will need a Zoom account to access all live events. You can sign up for a free Zoom account here.
- How is Zoom Webinar different from a Zoom meeting?
We will be using Zoom in the Webinar format for keynotes and plenaries and Zoom meeting for all concurrent sessions. You can see a comparison of the two formats here. We will have a moderator on hand to highlight questions and manage the closing Q&A for all events. You can also contact the moderator directly for Zoom support during an event.
- How do I access closed-captioning?
We are using UW Madison’s McBurney Disability Resource Center to provide live captioning via Streamtext for all keynotes and plenaries. Some of these events also include ASL (available upon request). We will place the Streamtext link into the chat for participants to access during each presentation, and users can position the box to correspond with the Zoom video. Our concurrent sessions will use Zoom-enabled closed-captioning.
All pre-recorded content is also captioned. Viewers will need to click on the “cc” icon on each video for captioning.
- How do I ask questions during live events?
Participants can ask questions during all live events by using the Q&A box or chat. Presenters may answer by typing a response or during the Q&A at the end of each session. You can learn more about this feature here.
- Can I enter an event after the start time?
Absolutely! Participants can automatically enter a call or leave at any time.
- Who should I contact if I’m having problems accessing content during a live presentation?
There will be a designated support person identified for each presentation. You will see this person’s name in the chat box and can message them directly via chat for assistance.
- What is the best way to keep up with the daily schedule?
Registered participants will receive a link to all conference events. We will also send a daily schedule via email to all registered participants that includes a digital program.
- Do I need a separate Zoom link for each event?
Yes, you will need a different access link for each event. You can find each link in the conference schedule sent to all registered participants.
- Who should I contact with questions the day of the conference?
You can contact Stephanie Rytilahti, WGSC Director, at email@example.com.
- Will the event be rebroadcast?
Yes, we will record all events and make them available on our webpage. This process could take up to 60 days to complete.
If I am using the conference for a class assignment, do all of my students need to register?
No, upon registration, instructors may share all access links and the daily schedule with students. Students do not need to individually register to attend.
On Demand Content
- How do I access pre-recorded content and the virtual art exhibition?
In addition to live events, we have an on-demand archive of pre-recorded presentations and a virtual art exhibition. These sessions are available for viewing at any point during the week of the conference. You can access them from our conference website, daily schedule reminders, and the digital conference program.
- How can I interact with presenters or get in contact with artists for more information?
There is a form at the bottom of each presenter or artist page for comments.
- How long will this content be available?
This content is available 24/7 the entire week of April 4, 2022 and April 11, 2022.
- Is this content captioned?
Yes, click on the “cc” icon on each presentation for captioning.