The 4W Summit organizers support, respect, and value all people’s identities, and see this Summit as part of work toward a transformed, multicultural, and inclusive environment, that promotes increased understandings of feminism and its interconnections with issues of race, ethnicity, age, class, ability status, sexual orientation, and gender identity; and encourage participation representative of our campuses and communities.
WGSConstortium and its partners are committed to making arrangements that allow all registrants to fully participate the 4W Summit.
- Access Copies: Presenters should plan to bring five copies of their papers, even in draft form, for the use of attendees who wish to follow the written text. Presenters who use handouts should prepare some copies in a large-print format (Sans-serif font, 16-point type size). Presenters should indicate whether they want their papers and handouts returned.
- When speaking, position your face at an angle that allows participants to read your lips. Avoid speaking while facing away from the audience, or while looking down at papers or screens.
- Please say your name before asking a question.
- Please describe any power points or visuals.
- If you are planning on showing video during your presentation, please plan on captioning/subtitling your video or having transcripts available.
- If engaging in experiential activities make sure you have planned for the inclusion of all, regardless of physical abilities.
- Consider making it possible for attendees to obtain an electronic version that allows for type size adjustments or use of text readers (creating audio from written text).
- WGSConsortium asks that all presenters and attendees refrain from wearing perfumes and other scented products while participating in conference activities.